COVID 19 Updates November 2020
Please use this page to keep upto date with the November COVID situation and how it affects us.
26 November 2020 11:50 We have not yet had time to work out what being in Tier Two means for our upcoming events, please be patient whilst we work it al out, we will be in touch and update on this page.
17 November 2020 14:00 IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION FOR ALL EVENT BOOKINGS
We are really hoping that after this lockdown ends we will be abel to resume events, but this is not certain. We appreciate that customers are nervous about committing to dates before we know whether we can run them or not. Wtih this in mind we will be adopting the following policy for all of our events moving forward, until further notice:
Should your event be cancelled due to COVID reguations/restrictions then you will always have the following options
- You can move your booking to another date, look online and if you find a date that works please email [email protected] (or reply to this email), with your original booking details and the new date you would like, we'll do the rest.
- You can convert your booking into a gift voucher, redeemable both online at www.hiddenhorizons.co.uk or in The Fossil Shop in Scarborough where we have our base. Vouchers have no expiry date and can be used to book events or buy items.
- You can have a refund for your booking. This will be processed as quickly as we can.
We hope this will give customers the confidence to make plans for some exciting adventures in 2021.
4 November 2020 17:00 The Fossil Shop in Scarborough has now closed but the online shop is growing all the time. If you live in Scarborough you can still select the 'click and collect' option and the collect your items from the shop. We will contact you to arrange a date and time to suit.
2 November 2020 13:30 November stargazing has been cancelled. All attendees should have received an email giving you the options available to you.
2 November 2020 10:30 We have now emailed all Dalby Diddy November participants, with the options open to you following the Cancellation. Stargazing attendees are next on the list.
1 November 2020 08:00 We have now had time to look at the announcements yesterday and can update you on some plans!
- The Fossil Shop will remain open in Scarborough from the Sunday 1 November to Wednesday 4 November, 10am to 5pm, before closing until the 3 December. We are aiming to get our online shop running in the next 72hrs and are looking at a free local delivery service in Scarborough plus some other exciting developments. It goes without saying that November sees a lot of Christmas shopping so please do consider supporting us online.
- Dalby Diddys in November will be cancelled. We are looking at a new set of sessions for December and January, and will be in touch with people who are booked on, offering you a move to the new dates or a refund.
- Stargazing in November will be cancelled. We are leaving our December dates live and will be adding January and February dates asap. Once the new dates are live all November bookings will be offered either a move to a new date or a refund.
- Fossil Roadshows and Jurassic Icon Events at The Fossil Shop in November will be cancelled, we will be in touch with people to explain how to move any bookings on these.
- Online Introduction to Fossils in better news this online course will go ahead as planned, and there are still a few spaces left, but you need to book asap to make sure you get the replica set delivered to your home in time. We will be announcing some more online courses soon.
For school bookings in November we will be in touch with everyone asap early next week.
Finally we are going to start getting more of our 2021 events listed soon, something for us all to look forward to!
Take care everyone from The Hidden Horizons Team.
31 October 2020 16:30 Whilst we await the latest news from the Prime Minister please be assured we will contact everybody it may impact. In particular we will be looking at Stargazing bookings, Dalby Diddys, Fossil Roadshows, The Fossil Shop and our school sessions. We will update everyone as soon as we can, please be patient...it may take us a day or two to get to everyone.
STAY SAFE EVERYONE AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON